Thursday, March 12, 2009

Find A Penny!

How does the saying go.......Find a penny, pick it up, all day long, you'll have good luck!!!

I had the most interesting thing happen today. I was at the Chevron getting a morning treat. As I was walking out of the store a lady whom I didn't know said to me "I think I'm supposed to give this to you." I looked in her hand and there was a penny. She made a comment about finding a penny but then she continued on with "I think I'm supposed to give it to the first person I see, and that's you!" I thanked her and took the penny, put it in my pocket and walked to my car smiling. I have rubbed the penny all day......I need all the luck I can get (especially at Fair time)!!
I'm not sure if that's exactly how it goes or not, was I supposed to be the one to pick it up for the good luck, or maybe, just maybe, because someone was kind enough to share her luck I get extra blessed! I must admit that small gesture made my day. :)

3 comments:

Burt Family said...

I must say that's a pretty great story. The lady could have just walked on by and gone about her day. Guess she knew you really needed a small act of kindness

ShEiLa said...

Its your lucky day.

You are back to being at the computer late nights and early mornings... the fair must not be letting you sleep.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

ps. so kevin is on long change...does he sleep right through you being awake?

Camille said...

I love that! I'm going to start doing that too.