Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I have to tell everyone about this book. A freind recommended it to me, and once I started it (which happened to be about midnight one night, imagine that LOL) I couldn't put it down. I read the whole thing that night. I told Kevins Mom and Dad about the book last week and they have wanted to hear more about it every since. So tonight as we were visiting outside I felt the need to bring it up again. I grabbed the book and told them to come inside for "Story Time". Mom, Dad and Kevin agreed to let me read the book to them. We agreed that we would read a couple of chapters every night until we finished the book. We got to chapter 4 and I asked them if they wanted me to stop reading. Everyone said no, so on I read. 5 hours, and plenty of tears later we finished it. WOW! What an incredible book. I would highly recommend it. Every since I have started this Blog, I have done alot of soul searching, not exactly sure why, maybe its because I have set a goal to write a post (or journal entry, whichever way you look at it) every night. I find myself pondering all day about what I will write about. My hope is that in some small way my words will touch someone. Earlier tonight I recieved a phone call from a very special someone, telling me that one of the posts that I wrote had meant alot to her. I'm learning that this is what it's all about, lifting one anothers spirits and sharing our incredible experiences with one another. Most nights as I prepare to write a post, I have no clue about the topic until I actually start to type. I hope that I am able to say things that are comforting to at least one person reading, as many of your blogs have comforted me, and some have definately gave me a chuckle. I LOVE STAYING IN TOUCH THIS WAY! Keep up the good work all! I know some of my posts are lengthy lately, and I haven't added pictures often enough. I will vow right now to carry my camera with me to get some good pics to add to my posts. One last thing before I retire to bed (again after 3 in the morning) I have a really good freind watching my blog that is in the hospital right now and I want her to know that I am thinking about her, praying for her, and wishing her a GREAT BIG GET WELL SOON!

3 comments:

ShEiLa said...

You have got the disease. Thinking about your post all day... making a mental note to carry your camera with you at all times. Have a blog-tastic day!
ToOdLeS.ShEiLA

GrandmaLori said...

I know, I really need some serious HELP!!!!! LOL :)

Danila said...

I've been catching up reading your blog. I haven't been on in awhile. I have to tell you that when I read this post it brought a tear to my eye. All I can say is "thank you" I know how much grandma loved to read and since her eye sight has gotten so bad she hasn't been able to do a lot of things like she use to. I really miss you and the family and I'm looking forward to seeing you all again at Christmas time.