Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ok, so I promised to carry my camera with me at all times (just in case that winning photo presents itself)............I have kept that promise but I found out that without batteries the darn thing won't work. So today I replaced the batteries and I am well on my way to that once in a lifetime shot.....somewhere, sometime!

Since reading "The Message" (twice) I cannot believe how many opportunities for service have presented themselves to not only myself, but to Kevin too. Have you ever had a time when you weren't sure why someone had been placed in your path, you just knew that once they were you needed to help? Such has been the case this past week with two people. What is even more bizzare is that we have known these two for years and never really given them much thought, at least as far as asking ourselves "What can we do to help these two struggling people, each with different backgrounds, personalities, and circumstances? (I must admit at this point that there have been times that both people have seemed unhappy and harsh only to be interpreted by me as flat out "rude"). As we questioned our inner selves, we have found that the answers have come very clearly. We have made a sincere effort to make them both our friends. In doing so, we have seen a new light inside each of them, in fact we have found them both to have a side that we never dreamt was there.
Both have very different needs and we will do the very best we can to try to lighten their burdens, whether it means repairing things for them, helping financially if needs be, or just being a freind enough to listen and understand them. Sometimes a smile and a simple "hello" is worth a million dollars. Funny..........after each small gesture or act of service, I know I have felt like a million bucks!!!!!
If ever you feel like you are the only one that is down on your luck, you don't need to look very far to find someone that has things alot worse than yourself. THERE IS NO BETTER WAY TO FORGET ABOUT YOUR OWN WOES THAN TO PROVIDE SERVICE (AND FRIENDSHIP) TO SOMEONE IN NEED!!!! I Guarantee, you, yourself, will be the recipient of happiness and blessings every time!

1 comments:

ShEiLa said...

What a beautiful post and sound advice. Most of us have a huge problem with 'judging a book by it's cover'... or making an observation without 'walking a mile in their shoes'. Thank you for reminding me again of things I already know & forget to practice.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLA