Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tag Tuesday

Here is my Tag Tuesday on Thankful Thursday.

A: ATTACHED OR SINGLE? Attached

B: BEST FRIEND? Kevin

C: CAKE OR PIE? Coconut Cream Pie

D: DAY OF CHOICE? Any day that my Best Friend is home!

E: ESSENTIAL ITEM? Diet Coke

F: FAVORITE COLOR? Purple

G: GUMMY BEARS OR WORMS? Sour Gummy Bears

H: HOMETOWN? American Fork, UT

I: INDULGENCE? Dryers Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

J: JANUARY OR JULY? July

K: KIDS? 2 Boys (and 2 Daughter in laws)

L: LIFE ISN'T COMPLETE WITHOUT? My Family

M: MARRIAGE DATE? May 21

N: NUMBER OF BROTHERS AND SISTERS? 2 brothers and 2 sisters

O: ORANGES OR APPLES? Crisp Granny Smith Apples

P: PHOBIAS? Grasshoppers, Heights

Q: QUOTES? He never said it would be easy, He only said it would be worth it!

R: REASON TO SMILE? Blayke

S: SEASON OF CHOICE? Spring, in Utah I used to sit outside when it started to warm up and use my hose to spray the snow, to help speed up the melting process. Kevin used to tease me about this.

T: TAG SEVEN PEEPS!! Annette, Ronda, Danila, Taryn, Jessica, Jennifer, Amanda

U: UNKNOWN FACT ABOUT ME? I was adopted

V: VEGETABLE? cauliflower (Is that how you spell it?)

W: WORST HABIT? According to Kevin its that I hummmm all the time. He points it out and I don't even realize I'm doing it.

X: X-RAY OR ULTRASOUND? OOOOH, I don't like this question. X-Ray typically means that you are sick or hurt and Ultrasound typically means.........pregnancy! (AAARRRRGGGG) So my answer is neither!

Y: YOUR FAVORITE FOOD? Los Lupes Chips and Salsa

Z: ZODIAC SIGN? Virgo

Now I will add my THANKFUL THURSDAY! After several minutes of pondering this question, I have come up with this, I am thankful for my senses, sight, smell, hearing, taste and touching. I am also thankful for health, my own and the health of my family.
I am thankful for the gift of compassion, (I know at times I have called it a curse), but I truly am thankful for it. I
had a wise friend tell me today that I need to learn how to be just a "listener" instead of trying to be everyones "fixer". This is one of the "habits" that I have had for so many years, I don't know how to stop "fixing". I know I can't fix the world but I certainly would like to go down in history as doing my best to fix what I can, (sometimes I just can't help it, I do things unconciously). I need to heed the advise though, and be able to discern when someone just needs a friend to listen, and the times when someone really needs my help.

1 comments:

ShEiLa said...

You & Tony have the same phobia's. My best friend is my hubby too!
ToOdLeS.ShEiLa