Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Deryck and Brittany's wedding

The wedding was beautiful!
As soon as I get pictures from the photographer I will post more but for now here
are a couple of really good ones taken by family members.
The weather could not have been better and the location was beautiful!
Isnt this a great looking bunch?

Friday night after the rehearsal we went to the bowling alley. There were 8 lanes shut down for the wedding party and there was plenty of pizza and soda. We bowled for two hours. Right before everybody started to bowl we gathered together in a meeting room so I could share some of my thoughts (through plenty of tears) with Deryck and Brittany.

I had 10 tips for the new bride and groom (Never go to bed mad at one another, always say "thank you", Don't sweat the small stuff, Always make big decisions together, etc.) You know the speech! Then I shared a poem I had written for them. When I was finished blubbering I gave each guest a wedding favor full of Jordan Almonds

It included a poem that read;

Five sugared almonds for each guest to eat,

To remind us that life is both bitter and sweet.

Five wishes for the new husband and wife,

Health, Wealth, Happines, Children,

and a Long Life!

We are so excited that Brittany is officially a member of the Waters Family. Congratulations Deryck and Brittany! We wish you both MANY, MANY, HAPPY, HEALTHY years together!

2 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Looks like you had memorable moments at the wedding. The location is beautiful and I am glad that the weather cooperated for you. Oh, the bowling sounded fun as well. Congrats to the new couple.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

ronda said...

Hi lori
The wedding looks beautiful so sorry we couldn't be there. I'm glad everything went great. She is such a sweet girl. your family is growing luv ya