Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fair & Fountain Green

It seems like forever since Ive posted. I have been so busy, something I promised myself I wouldn't do (be so busy I couldn't find time to post) but Im afraid its only going to get worse. Its only three months til the Clark County Fair & Rodeo. I have procrastinated long enough, its time to get to work and see to it that the Fair actually happens this year.

Kevin and I along with all of our kids and my sisters family all spent this past weekend in Fountain Green Utah with my parents. We had a blast. We got there late Friday night and stayed up until 3:00 am visiting with Mom and Dad. On Saturday we got up and had my favorite breakfast "coffee cake". Im not sure if thats its official name or not but its the recipe on the bisquick box. YUMMMMEEEEE!!!

After breakfast we decided to go sledding/tubing, something I haven't done in many, many years. Mostly because I don't handle the cold very well. The next morning when I woke up and hurt like I haven't hurt in a long time, I realized that it will probably be many, many more years before I do it again. Kevin remembered having a bad experience several years ago, something to do with a tube, a crazy jump and a bruised tailbone. So he decided to be the picture taker and not attempt a repeat of that dreaded day. He got some great pictures. Saturday night we decided to go have dinner at the best little Italian Restaraunt in Mt. Pleasant. We got some great pictures there too. Now you might be wondering why I mention these great pictures and I haven't posted any of them.

The problem is that once we got home my Mom asked me to download the pictures I had taken during the weekend to her computer and when I did I hit the "move pictures to" button instead of the "copy pictures to" button and it wiped them all off of my card. I didn't realize it until I got home. So needless to say I have to wait to get my Mom to email those back to me so I can post them.

I did manage to snap a few right before we left so I am posting those. This one is of my Parents with Blayke and with Kristy and Johns new baby Jacob and his best BIG SISTER ever, MaKaylee.

What adorable kids!!

Sunday was an NFL playoff game between the Pitsburgh Steelers and the San Diego Chargers, which was awesome, but heres the problem, the Steelers are Kristy and Johns team and the Chargers happen to be my team. We are all so competative that we thought it would be best if we each headed to our respective hometowns to watch the game, and not attempt to stay at Mom and Dads and watch it together. That was a good call on my part because the Chargers lost and I didn't handle it very well. Kevin, Deryck and Brittany thought it was funny watching me in the car (on our way home) with the computer on my lap tuned into NFL.com and my blackberry in my hand, making sure I didn't miss any plays. My poor family had to not only listen to me cuss, but they had to endure my physical actions also. And mark my word, I did a fair share of "flipping out" each time the Steelers would score. Oh well maybe next year CHARGERS!!!

The Steelers Fans!!!

Thanks everyone for making it a GREAT WEEKEND!

2 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Little glitches with camera cards can be life shattering. I have had worse where they are gone all-together. So glad that they are still on someone's computer.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Jen Millett said...

My mom is a Chargers fan too :)