Sunday, January 4, 2009

Traditional New Years Party - Not So Traditional, And We Loved It!

This years New Years Bash was no let down! We started the party with John, Danila, Jaidyn, Louis, Oni and brand new Lana coming for the week. Then Kristine, Loren and Jacob showed up on Tuesday. On Wednesday Jestin, Taryn and Blayke came to stay for the weekend. Then to everyones surprise Ronda and Louie showed up late Wednesday night. As usual we stayed up way to late, played lots and lots of games, ate way to much food and laughed til it hurt! A couple of things this year followed tradition but most of the activities were new this year. And you know what? I think we may have created a few "new traditions".
Im starting my post with the traditional stuff like the ever so popular and very traditional sweet chex mix

and sparkling cider.

After much contemplation, we all decided that we were burnt out on turkey and ham so we decided to do Fettucini Alfredo, salad and garlic bread for our New Years Eve dinner.

Then obviously the traditional "junk"
Then it was into the Family Room for some serious "Rock Band".
We got so into it we almost missed the new year! We did however stop "rocking" long enough to toast 2009 with the sparkling cider!
Early Thursday morning, New Years Day, we got up and rode Kris and Lorens horses. The weather could not have been more beautiful! Amanda came by with her boys on Thursday. She says her boys love dogs. I had to catch this adorable picture of Kabe with Chomper (one of Kris and Lorens dogs). On Friday we all decided that there had been way to much cooking going on in Grandma and Grandpa's house so we decided to go to dinner in Mesquite. We went to "Playoffs" and had a great dinner and a great visit. After dinner we decided to go bowling. Kris says this was her first time bowling, ever. She either had begginers luck or she was lying about never bowling before because she got a pretty good score for a "first timer"! LOL Ronda said that Louie had a cute little "hop" that he does when he bowls so I attempted to get the "hop" in mid air in a picture. This is the best I could do. It may not be the hop, but this is pretty funny! These last few pictures from the weekend are thrown in just for the helk of it because I am a PROUD GRANDMA and love posting pictures of Blayke.

7 comments:

ShEiLa said...

You had a fantastic NEW YEAR bash!
I think it is so much fun when everyone gets together.

Love all the photos.

Playoffs & bowling? Sound great to me. Mostly it looks like you enjoyed each others company...
mission accomplished.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Torrey said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a fun and exciting week! Rockband is so much fun!!

Vicki said...

wow...you are definitely part of a wild bunch!

ronda said...

It was alot of fun always nice to get together gather at grandma and grandpas and hang out and eat. So glad we were able to make it. it was great to see everyone we miss getting together and seeing everyone luv ya

Danila said...

We had so much fun! I can't think of any place I'd rather ring in the new year, then with my family! I love being with you all! I thought I'd never say it, but I think I"m rockbanded out though! hehe, just give me some time to recoup and I'll be back (as Jestin would say Arnold style)! It was fun reminiscing and spending time together!

Katie said...

Your family is growing so much! I bet you love being a grandma to that cute baby!

The Yardley's said...

Looks like you all had a blast! Way to ring in the new year- with the fam!