Saturday, February 7, 2009

Two New Goals

I have been trying really hard to practice two things,
First - To have a positive attitude all day long (not an easy task)
Second - To always try to look out the windshield of lifes vehicle
and act as if theres no rear view mirrors.
You now if your really being conscious of these two things, its amazing how much you can change your attitude. Im trying to work on the fact that what is in the past is truly in the past, that I can't change it. I am also trying to find the good (or the lesson) in everything. If theres one thing that I would like to be remembered as saying repetitiously, its
"Everything in life happens for a reason."
You've heard me say it before and you will probably hear me say it again....and again.....and again!!
Another one of my favorite sayings is
"When one door closes, another one opens."
I remember the first time I heard that saying. I remember thinking
"OK, I understand that something just happened that I wasn't happy about and wasn't sure why, but something better will come along, right?" The only problem is that by nature I am a very impatient person and if that other door didn't open real quick I was second guessing the saying. And then BOOM it happens, the other door opens and you realize that yes indeed, had the first incident taken place the second (and much better incident) would not have happened. Please don't get me wrong, I still have a negative attitude far more than I would like and I still look in that rearview mirror way more than I wish I did. But my whole goal is to TRY to be a little better in both areas each day, with the hope that after a time
I will be able to do them with little effort.
Here are a couple of quotes I found that brought a smile to my face
and I hope they do the same for each of you!
"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."
Erma Bombeck
"Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished.
If you're alive, it isn't."~
Richard Bach

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."~

Sir Winston Churchill

And finally my favorite;

"Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep."

Fran Lebowitz

4 comments:

ronda said...

Hi how are you guys? this is so true luv ya

Vicki said...

Good insight!

ShEiLa said...

So many lovely words of wisdom.

I totally believe in the windshield vs. rear view mirror theory.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Annette Jones said...

thanks to you and kevin appreciate it