Sunday, November 2, 2008

A couple of weeks ago, when all the family was here for Rodgers funeral, Danila was sitting on the couch playing on her computer, revising her Blog, and it began to play the most beautiful song. Sometimes you hear a song and it stops you in your tracks. The song is "The Makers Touch". (Click on the Playlist at the bottom of my page and click on the song). I have just spent the last hour trying to find the lyrics. I searched everywhere I could think of and still couldn't find them so I kept playing the song over and over again and writing them down. What a beautiful song. Here are the lyrics (just in case you want to sing them like I did). (First Verse)I watched the stars fill up the sky, a billion lights that testify, His hand is in all of creation. And there is no doubt He has made me, has given me life with each breath I breath, and I feel a debt to never forget Him. (Chorus) I am His child, made with His love and it is enough to bring me to my knees. He's reaching down and I'm reaching up and somehow I feel The Makers Touch. (Second Verse) Sun and the moon weighing His name, marking the path and lighting my way. All of these things given to me. So I will bow down for all of the earth and offer Him praise for my infinite worth, for all of the light He's given to me. (Chorus, twice). I am also studying for my lesson in Relief Society tomorrow. Its on Life after Death. I was supposed to give the lesson the same week that Rodger passed away but I didn't feel like I could do it then. My dear freind Julie, who happens to be a counselor in the Presidency, arranged it so I could still give this lesson when I felt up to it, and I appreciate her for that. There is so much growth in preparing for a lesson, especially one on this topic. Wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Good Luck with the lesson sweet lady... although since you were up late (early) you will be fine. It is a tough topic... esp. after losing someone close.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLA

GrandmaLori said...

Thanks for the kind words, they really mean alot!

Torrey said...

That is a beautiful song! I hope your lesson went well.

Danila said...

hope your lesson went well. I LOVE that song too! There are some amazing church songs out there and I love listening to them. The kids pretty much have most of them memorized, I play them in the car, in the house continually. It seems I need all the help I can get!!