Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ive been grounded by my BEST FRIEND!

Ive been grounded, well not really grounded, maybe reprimanded (I had to look this word up in mydictionary.com, to make sure it was the right word for the occasion.) "a severe or formal rebuke, esp. by a person in authority". I would have to say that yes, reprimanded is the correct word. That "person in authority" just happens to be Kevin. You see I have been sick the past several days, the same yucky stuff that everyone else has had, stuffy nose, congested head, little or no voice (which some would probably add may not be such a bad thing.......LOL). Today as Kevin and I were heading to Sugars for lunch (yes we eat there more than our fair share), I commented to Kevin that it seemed that everyone else that has had this sickness seems to get over it alot quicker than I am. Do you know what his response back to me was? He said "maybe everyone else doesn't stay up all hours of the night "blogging"! He is right you know, and who would know better than he, the poor guy that has gone to bed alone for the past several weeks while I sit in front of the computer and make sure that someone doesn't happen to post something since the last time I looked, (like an hour earlier). He told me that my body hasn't got near the rest that it needs to get over this crap. WHAT!!!!!!!! A body requires more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night? Oh, I suppose he's right..........(shhhhh don't let him hear me say that, I have a reputation you know) So I promised to do my posting (and stalking) earlier from now on.

This all got me thinking about how much I love him. I love that he worries about me and wants me to take care of myself. I love that he would do anything for me and more. He has been so patient with me through the years and I appreciate that. He has a heart of GOLD! He is the person I most want to be with all the time in fact he probably gets sick of me and would like a little time to himself now and then. Kevin is the greatest Dad ever, he really is as much a friend to his boys as he is a father. Im sure any of the kids (daughter in laws included) would agree that he is a great Dad! My boys are great providers, husbands and in Jestin's case Dads, because of Kevins example. I always knew that when my boys got married and had kids of their own I had nothing to fear.

How do I begin to tell you how lucky I am

to have you in my life?

I'll start by saying what an honor it is

for me to be your wife.

You're my best friend in the good times

and my rock in times of sorrow.

You're the reason for sweet yesterdays

and my promise for tomorrow.

I never thought I could feel this loved

until I became your wife.

You made this year and every year

the best one of my life.

YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND!

Kevin, it is an HONOR to be your wife! I love you!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Torrey said...

I live on little sleep too! I love to stay up late and enjoy a little "me" time. Kevin is right, you need to get some sleep! Hope you get feeling better!!

Jennifer Q. Rawlings said...

Lori, I LOVE reading your blogs. You're always so happy :~) I especially love your playlist. I opened it up and hear a Childs Prayer... Just what I needed to hear today :~)

ShEiLa said...

Miss LoRi.

I think in the beginning everybody falls into the [blog trap]. It's new... you are learning the ins & outs of how to do what.

I was just like you.

It took quite awhile then I realized... moderation in all things... even blogging.

Get well soon!

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Audrey said...

Oh this is so sweet Lori. This makes me really miss you guys. Oh did we all have fun together. Love you guys tons!

Danila said...

Kevin's right, you really need to rest and take it easy. Although, can't you rest and blog at the same time? (hum..I believe it might be possible) Not only can blogging be restful it's therapy right? So PLEASE don't lay off on the blogging, we love to keep up with the happenings in your life and reading the latest, but I really hope you do start feeling better soon! We love and miss you! See you at Christmas